Friday 29 March 2013

Easter Weekend Nairobi

Easter weekend is a time of reflection (for me) and a time of restoration and renewal. The sun continues to shine although, as it is rainy season here, the temperature is beginning to drop - it is a cool 25 degrees.

I am finishing my work and preparing to leave Kenya. Here are some images and thoughts that I will hold close to my heart . . .
A Samburu woman who works hard to care for her family in a village for women only.

 
The generosity of the people in Kenya and Uganda who give beyond their families and who value relationships above all else.

The honour of being invited to be part of the planting of a Peace Tree.

 The determination of a people to remain peaceful despite Tribal difference.

The equatorial light, the fertile soil and broad imagination.





No comments:

Post a Comment